Thursday, October 15, 2009

'Sometimes' the Lord gives us trials

Isaiah 54:5
For your Maker is your husband- the Lord Almighty is His name-the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; He is called the God of all the earth.

I have been reading this verse over and over for the past four months, along with the rest of the chapter. It has comforted me on so many different levels. Since I am without an earthly husband, it is wonderful for me to stop and call out to my heavenly husband and ask for help. From the basics of 'what am I to do now, Lord' to please keep my car running until I have money to fix it. Yup, I am a worrier. {When I have the oil changed, I am assured by the mechanic that my 'little' Toyota is just fine, but I am always cautious. }

There is something about calling out to the Lord, that when I am done pouring out my heart to Him, I can breath a sigh of relief, knowing that He truly listens and hears my heart, even if my words are not grammatically correct, :) He is never busy with His own thoughts. The Lord hears me!

The Lord has blessed me, in so many different ways this past year and 3/4!
I have been able to go and visit my youngest brother and his family out in New Jersey, My sisters up in the Northwest and lately, the Lord has blessed me through my oldest brother, with a three week vacation up in Lake Tahoe.

It is hard to fully enjoy the vacation, because I do not have a job. So, last night, I started thinking, in depth. Since the Lord heard my cry for a time away from the restraining order situation by providing me with a three week stay up here in the wonderful Tahoe area, surely He will provide me with a job and a place of my own, when His timing is right.
Surely He will provide a way for me to pay off my debts, why am I worrying?

So, I will practice not worrying and praying more.

in verse 4 it says: do not be afraid; you will not suffer shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood.

I am counting on this..

2 comments:

BellaRosa said...

Deborah amor (love), God is good isn't he. lately I find myself looking for him more, seeking him when I feel at the lowest...it is something new for me. Maybe with time...I will get better :) besos, Rose

Deby said...

Dear Bella Rosa,
where are you?
in your white room?
creating?

May God be with you and keep you.

my love...to you
Deborh